Cosmetic Dentistry in Canton
Improve your smile and your confidence
Dr. Goch loves helping patients have beautiful smiles, but he goes further than just aesthetics. He ensures that your teeth and mouth are healthy before embarking on purely cosmetic work.
Dr. Goch has been caring for patients teeth and improving smiles since 1993. He has also done further training in cosmetic dentistry at the Nash Institute and was voted Best Dentist in Cherokee County.
Dr. Goch’s approach is plain and simple, he ensures that the important aspects of your dental health care are handled and under control before embarking on cosmetic handling.
Our approach to a beautiful smile makeover
The first step is a new patient exam. Dr. Goch will take digital X-rays and perform a thorough oral exam, including using an intraoral camera to look at your teeth and gums and show you what he sees. Once he knows your oral condition, he can discuss what you will need in order to have the smile you want.
Dr. Goch can show you Before and After images of patients who had cosmetic work, as well as educational videos that explain different cosmetic procedures such as veneers.
Once you have decided what treatments you want and have been fully educated on the procedures, all the preparatory work can begin. Photos will be taken of your smile to help in the planning.
Depending on the treatment, custom shade matching may be done to ensure the new restoration is just right. Dr. Goch listens to what you want and really cares about the final result. He will work to make your smile just how you want it.
You will first be given a temporary restoration, and then two weeks later you will try on the permanent restoration. The lab technician will be there to ensure that the fit is correct and that you are happy with the result. In this way, corrections can be quickly and effectively made.
Dr. Goch may even ask that you have a family member come to your appointment so they can see how your new smile looks. Dr. Goch is most interested that you are getting the result you want.
Cosmetic procedures we use
A porcelain veneer is a high-quality, thin shell that covers the front of your tooth, Veneers are a simple, yet long-lasting and beautiful solution for many cosmetic problems.
Dental bonding is a tooth-colored resin that is applied to the teeth to improve the shape of a tooth or correct imperfections.
Crowns completely cover the tooth and are usually made from porcelain or porcelain fused to metal or other strong material.
We do in-house teeth whitening with Zoom as well as offering professional strength take-home whitening kits.
A dental implant is a titanium post inserted into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth. Dental implants are used to support restorations such as crowns, bridges and even dentures.
In the case of more severe tooth crowding, orthodontics would be needed. Dr. Goch works closely with two excellent orthodontists.
For an uneven gum line or a “gummy”smile it is possible to undergo gum re-contouring to give you a more attractive smile.
Conditions fixed with Cosmetic Dentistry
What would you like to change about your smile?
- Stained or yellow teeth. Typically teeth are whitened with bleaching or porcelain veneers.
- Chips or rough spots. These often can be handled with dental bonding, which is the application of tooth-colored composite resin to repair a decayed, chipped, fractured or discolored tooth.
- Broken-down teeth. Porcelain crowns are usually used to handle broken-down teeth
- Gaps between the teeth. Often gaps can be treated with orthodontics. For a fast and very effective treatment, gaps can be closed with porcelain veneers and sometimes dental bonding.
Cavities or silver (mercury amalgam) fillings We use tooth-colored fillings and can also replace your unsightly, unhealthy silver/mercury fillings.
- Uneven or misshapen teeth. Dental bonding or veneers can be used to correct this.
- Crooked teeth. Mildly crooked teeth can be given a uniform appearance with porcelain veneers. For more severe cases, orthodontics may be needed.
- Missing teeth. Dental implants can be used in various ways to provide you with natural-looking, natural-functioning and natural-feeling new teeth. Dental bridges and dentures are another option.
To make an appointment, call 770.479.5425 or click here to request an appointment online.