Porcelain Crowns in Canton
Durable well-fitting crowns
A crown is used to repair a broken-down or damaged tooth, or a tooth that has undergone a procedure such as a root canal.
Dr. Goch has been designing and placing crowns for his patients since 1993. He customizes each crown to precisely match the shade, shape and translucency of the patient’s natural teeth.
Dr. Goch takes very precise impressions to make sure your crown fits just right. He makes sure your mouth feels comfortable and your bite is correct. It’s this attention to detail that helps ensure you have not only a beautiful smile, but a healthy, functional smile as well.
High quality materials
Dr. Goch works closely with a professional lab that creates beautiful custom crowns. He chooses a material that is suitable for the tooth that needs the crown. For teeth in the back he may use zirconia to handle the stronger chewing forces. For your front teeth he uses ceramic as it is light and beautiful and looks natural.
When your crown is placed, the lab technician comes to the office to ensure that it looks good. Any changes that are needed are then carried out right away.
When crowns are used
Dr. Goch may recommend a crown for many reasons:
- After root canal therapy (a crown is often needed afterwards to strengthen the treated tooth)
- To restore a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth. (cosmetic)
- A crown is used in conjunction with a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- Can also be used to correct a poor bite, (how the teeth come together).
To make an appointment, call 770.479.5425 or click here to request an appointment online.